Oxford County Food as Medicine (Christ Episcopal Church)
with Allison Kelly
Do you want to make healthy lifestyle changes but struggle to access healthy food for you and your family? If so, the Oxford County Food as Medicine program might be for you!
This year-long, in-person program provides:
- Healthy lifestyle coaching through the Diabetes Prevention Program at MaineHealth
- Cooking skills classes through the Cooking Matters programLocal physical activity opportunities
- Weekly bags of healthy food, and accompanying recipes, from the Food Pantry at Stephens Memorial Hospital
- Opportunities to build relationships and support with peers
This class meets weekly for 4 months, then 2 times a month for the rest of the year. A trained instructor will provide guidance and encouragement throughout the program. Classes are one-hour, and will be held at the same time each week.
To qualify for this program, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be carrying extra weight
- Have prediabetes or be "at risk" for developing type 2 diabetes
- Not have type 2 diabetes
- Not be pregnant
- Live in Maine or New Hampshire
For more information on this class, please email Allison Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.